The following profile settings and options apply to most platforms and can be used as a general reference. However, some platforms may offer different selections. These steps and settings apply to any profile.
Navigate to Devices > Profiles & Resources > Profiles > ADD. You can choose from among the following options to add a profile.
- Add Profile – Perform a one-off addition of a new device profile.
- Upload Profile – Upload a signed profile on your device.
- Batch Import – Import new device profiles in bulk by using a comma-separated values (.csv) file. Enter a unique name and description to group and organize multiple profiles at a time.
- Select Add Profile.
- Select the appropriate platform for the profile you want to deploy. Depending on the platform, the payload settings vary.
- Complete the General tab by completing the following settings.
Setting Description Name Name of the profile to be displayed in the AirWatch Console. Version Read-only text box that reports the current version of the profile as determined by the Add Version. Description A brief description of the profile that indicates its purpose. Deployment
Determines if the profile is automatically removed upon unenrollment (does not apply to Android profiles).
- Managed – The profile is removed.
- Manual – The profile remains installed until removed by the end user.
Determines how the profile is used. Choose from the following.
- Production – The profile is to be used as part of product provisioning.
- Staging – The profile is to be used in staging configurations.
- Both – The profile is to be used in both staging and provisioning.
Determines how the profile is deployed to devices.
- Auto – The profile is deployed to all devices automatically.
Optional – An end user can optionally install the profile from the Self-Service Portal (SSP), or it can be deployed to individual devices at the administrator's discretion.
End users can also install profiles representing Web applications, using a Web Clip or a Bookmark payload. And if you configure the payload to show in the App Catalog, then you can install it from the App Catalog.
- Interactive – (Does not apply to iOS or Android). This profile is of a unique type that end users install with the Self Service Portal. When installed, these special types of profiles interact with external systems to generate data meant to be sent to the device. This option is only available if enabled in Groups & Settings > All Settings > Devices & Users > Advanced > Profile Options.
- Compliance – The profile is applied to the device by the Compliance Engine when the user fails to take corrective action toward making their device compliant. For more information, see Compliance Profiles Overview.
(iOS 7 and below only) Determines whether or not the end user can remove the profile.
- Always – The end user can manually remove the profile at any time.
- With Authorization – The end user can remove the profile with the authorization of the administrator. Choosing this option adds an account Password text box.
- Never – The end user cannot remove the profile from the device.
Managed By The organization group with administrative access to the profile. Assigned Groups
Refers to the group to which you want the device profile added. Includes an option to create a new smart group which can be configured with specs for minimum OS, device models, ownership categories, organization groups and more. For more information, see Assignment Groups Overview.
While Platform is a criterion within a smart group, the platform configured in the device profile or compliance policy always takes precedence over the smart group's platform. For instance, if a device profile is created for the iOS platform, the profile is only assigned to iOS devices even if the smart group includes Android devices.
Exclusions If Yes is selected, a new text box Excluded Groups displays. This text box enables you to select those groups you want to exclude from the assignment of the device profile. See Exclude Smart Groups in Profiles and Policies for details. View Device Assignment After you make an Assigned Group selection, you can preview a list of all assigned devices, taking the smart group assignments and exclusions into account. Additional Assignment Criteria
These check boxes enable additional restrictions for the profile.
- Install only on devices inside selected areas. – Enter an address anywhere in the world and a radius in kilometers or miles to make a 'perimeter of profile installation'. For more information, see Geofences.
Enable Scheduling and install only during selected time periods – Specify a configured time schedule in which devices receive the profile only within that time-frame. Selecting this option adds a required text box Assigned Schedules. For more information, please see Time Schedules.
Removal Date The date when the profile is removed from the device. Must be a future date formatted as MM/DD/YYYY.
Configure a Payload for the device platform.
For step-by-step instructions on configuring a specific Payload for a particular platform, refer to the applicable Platform Guide, available on Accessing Other Documents.
- Select Save & Publish.